Engineer/ Call Out Charges
The following charges apply to have our engineers visit your premises and carry out networking and installation services, systems and database consultancy. Please note all prices do not include VAT
- Private/ Commercial: Rate per hour: £80
- Private/ Commercial on Contract with us: Rate per hour: £65
- Charity / Non-commercial: Rate per hour: £65
- Charities / Non-profits on Support Contracts with us: Rate per hour: £45
- CiC on Support Contracts with us: Rate per hour: £65
Work done remotely or carried out at the Comm-Tech workshop is costed as follows:
- PC repairs, upgrades: Rate per hour: £40
- Install of Windows £50
- Install of Ubuntu/Linux distros £20
- Virus/Malware clean £40
- Data recover from £40
- IT Support, database design, programming and consultancy: £55
Rates for base level monthly support are negotiated dependent on the size and needs of the organisation, with a significant discount available to charities.
Our support fees have two components, the first is our membership fee which pays for support services, and the second depends on what equipment you use and how many users you have. We do need to conduct a meeting and discuss your requirements before giving an accurate quote, but a rough guideline follows:
- Base level Support: £80-£200 per month (depending on organisation size/turnover)
- Linux/Mac server maintenance £30-£150 per month
- Windows server maintenance £65-£190 per month
Ad-hoc IT support and consultancy arrangements are also available, a 5-hour package costs £360 and is valid for 12 months from issue.
Read more about our Support services here.
- Public Wireless AP £100 + configuration and installation (£40). 25% discount if you're joining the Brixton Mesh.
- Backup System: Onsite and offsite backup system, up to 500GB capacity. £150 for the hardware and 2 hours callout for engineers' configuration and installation fee.
Computer Recycling Charges
Minimum collection charge £50 +VAT.(includes up to 10 standard items)
IT Recycling Charges for Organisations
Our collection and recycling charges include certification, data wiping hard disks and our best efforts to reuse before recycling. It includes the statutory fee for a Hazardous Waste Transfer Note for collections which include Televisions, CRT Monitors or other equipment classed as 'Hazardous Waste', as £16.
A £5.25 charge applies per 'standard item' of working and non-working equipment listed below.
Standard Items include:
- Base units, desktop or tower
- Small printers and scanners
- Audio visual equipment (E.G. Radio, cassette)
- Standard box or crate of keyboards, mice, cables and other small items.
Items which cost us more to process are charged as follows:
- 14-17 inch CRT monitors - £11.00 each
- I-Macs - £11.00 each
- U.P.S (Uninterruptible Power Supply) - £11.00 each
- 19 inch or larger CRT monitors - £16.00 each
- Photocopiers - £63.00 each
- Laser Printers - £10.50-27.00 each
- Toner cartridges - £2.00 each
Data Destruction Charges
Basic Data Destruction is included in the standard collection/recycling costs above.
Higher spec services or those requiring special certification are priced from £12.50 per device.
for Second-user computers please see our Sales Page
We have a selection of parts and peripherals such as sound-cards, PCI Graphics, connectors, SCSI bits, server spares, heatsinks, fans. Contact us for a quote.